All Step Drill Bits have Split Points and come in two different materials.
· The Split Point reduces “Walking” which is the tendency of a spinning bit to rotate away from the point at which you want to drill.
· Because CBN(cubical boron nitride)is a much harder abrasive than even silicon carbide or corundum, a better an sharper cutting edge is
achieved without burrs.
· Because of this higher dimensional precision,the drill bits will last considerably longer while maintaining precise process tolerances.
· The High Speed Steel(HSS) allows the bit to cut faster than High Carbon Steel. At room temperature,HSS and high carbon steel have an
equivalent hardness;at elevated temperatures HSS become advantageous.
· Reduces set up time
· No more CBN-ground flutes without burrs mean a superior cutting edge an longer tool life.
· Each step has a radially adjusted relief produced by CBN grinding,relating directly to the diameter of the step, so the cutting edge is always the highest point of the diameter
· Each step is axially CBN relief-ground, meaning the cutting edge is also the highest point of the axial cutting axis
· The cutting edge of each step has relief angle,meaning the cutting edge is also the highest point in advance direction
Use Steel drills for :
· Sheet metal working in electrical, sanitary engineering, heating technologies, automotive, mechanical engineering,switching systems and aviation
· Non-ferrous metal,steel,stainless steel,thermoplastics, duroplastics ,sheet metals up to 0.16”(8 ga.)thick
· Center,spot-drill,bore and debur - all in one operation
· For hard materials
· Extended service lives
· Higher cutting speed
· Higher tool life
· For particularly hard materials?
· Outstanding service lives?
· Highest cutting speeds?
· Optimized tool life ?
· Layer Thickness up to 4 μm?
· Reduces cold weldings?
· Temperature resistant up to 800°C, cooling not necessary ?
· Sheet?metal?working?in?electrical,?sanitary?engineering, heating?technologies, automotive, mechanical engineering, ?
· Non-ferrous?metal,?steel,?stainless?steel,?thermoplastics?,duroplastics,?sheet?metals?up?to?0.16”(8 ga.) thick??